Monday, April 2, 2012

Why I don’t demand meeting with the decision maker.

I often hear people say they won’t meet without the wife and husband present. I understand the argument but hear me out. Who is the real decision maker? How do you identify the decision maker? Have you ever thought that maybe there is more to gain to win over the decision influencer? See this simple chart below.


More than once, I’ve been in meetings when I just had to shut my mouth. I’ve already won over the decision influencer in a previous visit. She knew exactly what she wanted, why and who she felt most comfortable buying from. She has done all the research and invested all the time. The husband had 100 reasons why they shouldn’t do this. I carefully watched her shoot down one argument after another. I also realized if this was my first meeting I would be trying to answer these questions. Also all people buy different. There are definite advantages letting them buy how they are most comfortable buying. Most couples have a system to buying weather they know it or not. They do what works for them. Trying to mix this up can do more harm than good.

Don’t get discouraged by only meeting with one spouse because you probably are talking to the decision maker.

2 comments:

  1. Very insightful! After reading your blog a few months I can see why you have created such a thriving company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words and also for following the blog. Hope you're off to a great spring season.

    ReplyDelete