Monday, October 29, 2012

How powerful is your Schedule?


I guess the real question is, “Do you realize how powerful your scheduling system can be?” Two weeks ago I blogged on “4 Main Elements Profitable Businesses need to Manage.” I shared how these 4 elements can provide you the crystal ball you need. I also told you I would share how Schedule2Win can help you do this.

Your schedule is your heartbeat to your business or it can be. Schedule 2 Win or S2W does this with only a quick glance. Here is where you might want to go back and read October 14th blog if you haven’t yet. Let’s work backwards like I did on the October 14th.

Finance: S2W provides an accurate financial picture very quickly. You simply add the cost of your project as you enter you project into your schedule. How does this help? We almost never mess up materials, equipment or sub contractors in an estimate. It is almost always labor that is messed up and that is our most costly expense. Putting real dollars in each task each day of the week lets you know if you have enough dollars on the schedule to win for the day, week or month. Are you going to meet your budget? I realize as a contractor myself none of us have time to enter more data. Believe me we made this very fast and easy. S2W makes it easy to see if you are on track. If the projected produce revenue doesn’t meet your budget you have two options. Increase sales or reduce expenses. S2W won’t tell you what to do. We still let you call the shots, but your schedule can identify the problems you need to address. If you keep coming back to the same issue, it becomes very clear what you need to work on in your business.

Next week I talk about how S2W makes it easy to manage your production. We make it so easy you might not even need to job cost any more.

If you have any questions, contact me at brad.groff@schedule2win.com


No comments:

Post a Comment