Monday, February 13, 2012

How much value does a professional design / landscape add?

I’ll keep this short and sweet. If I had to do some home improvements and personal care it would look something like this.


Issue with Heat Pump:
$65 - $85 service charge to show up.
Due upon arrival of technician.

Issue with leaking dishwasher:
$85 - $100 service charge to show up.
Due upon arrival of technician.

Oven keeps blowing a fuse:
$65 - $100 service charge to show up.
Due upon arrival of technician.

Health issue:
Approx. $120 Doctor’s visit to tell you want is wrong.
Prescriptions extra.

Landscape Issue:I have a drainage issue, need a patio, screening of my neighbor, outdoor kitchen, irrigation for when my lawn burns out in Aug., and a swimming pool:

Free Design with unlimited site visits before signing any contracts.


Do you have a professional design / sales system in place?

Let me know if you need help.

Brad@rivervalleylandscapes.com

3 comments:

  1. I'd say that about nails it - which is why it's up to us to educate our clients. If it was easy, everyone would do it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe Lattanzi14 February, 2012

    I have been co-miserating with peers in the Home Improvement industry for years. Why is it that ours is the only industry where one does not need to be certified or liscensed with the same seriousness that other trades require? Why must liscensed architects and designers, who paid dearly for their education, not be treated as professionals, whose time is valuable...and billable?
    In Maryland, the MHIC was formed to separate the pros from Joey pickup truck, but the liscense almost insignificant. Clients still expect free consultations to include design work.
    Oh how you have touched one of my hot buttons Brad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your site via the linkedin design-build forum. This post is great. I couldn't agree more, well said!

    ReplyDelete