Monday, January 9, 2012

How do you present your Designs?

Today I did a presentation at the GLTE in Grand Rapids, MI. The talk was “Increase Sales and Production by using CAD and 3D imaging”. I tried something interesting. I presented some of the session through “Go to Meeting”. I connected with my designer as if my audience was the client. He walked us through a design. We were able to ask him questions to see the 3D image from different angles. This isn’t the way of the future, but the way it is now.

I still come from a generation that would like to sit down in my client’s kitchen and review there project. I love getting to know my clients, but do they really want to get to know me? I don’t take it personal. We have to think about how the consumer wants to buy. Why not connect with our clients through the internet? This is better for us and them. We can do a lot less driving. This saves time and money. Less driving is a good thing right.

By the way, the GLTE is a great conference. I would suggest attending if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment